This page sets out the procedures and definitions we use when deprecating an API, feature, or SDK related to the EVRYTHNG Platform that may be in use by developers. When we release a new version of a feature we may choose to mark older versions as deprecated, especially when they have been supplanted by new versions.
Deprecations will always be announced via the channels listed below as far in advance as is practicable. If appropriate, migration information will be given to help developers using a deprecated feature update code for the new version. These pages will be available in the Migration Guides section of the Developer Hub.
The following status labels are applicable to APIs, features, or SDK versions depending on their current support status:
- Preview - May change at any time.
- Stable - Fully released and stable. Will not change at short notice.
- Deprecated - No longer supported (and may have been replaced), and may be removed in the future at an announced date. Use not encouraged.
- Removed - Removed, and no longer supported or available.
When a deprecation is announced, the details and any relevant migration information will be available on the following channels:
- The Developer Blog.
- The @evrythngdev Twitter account.
- The relevant feature page on the Developer Hub.
- Enterprise customers may receive information by email to their specified EVRYTHNG contact, if applicable.
Customers using one our SLAs can read the General section for more information.