This page contains an archive of non-exhaustive major developer-facing changes to the EVRYTHNG Platform, Dashboard, API, and SDKs from the start of 2017 through to September 2019. In addition to these, other minor updates and bug fixes are being continuously rolled out as they are completed, but are not all listed here - only feature changes are shown.
Purchase Orders - 12/9/19
Add the Purchase Orders API for creation and management of purchase order resources, used in ADI orders.
evrythng.js v5.5.0 - 30/8/19
adiOrder()resource to the Operator scope to allow working with ADI Orders
commissionState()to Thng resource to allow checking the Commissioning state.
stream()method to all resources to allow sequential iteration and updates.
createAction()methods for easy instrumentation of web apps and pages using an Anonymous Application User.
- Always return a native
Errorto work better with test frameworks and retry libraries etc. The EVRYTHNG Error can be obtained with
ADI Orders - 22/8/19
Add the ADI Orders API, allowing easier bulk creation of Thngs.
evrythng.js v5.4.0 - 7/8/19
redirection()resource now allows nominating the short domain to use.
defaultShortDomainto allow settings a default used for
- Better handle parts of the API that return non-standard empty response bodies.
evrythng.js v5.3.0 - 29/7/19
Entitythrough the plugin API.
upload()method for uploading file data.
upsert()now works with
nameas well as an
identifiersobject where the resource supports filtering by
- Add missing
setIds()parameter setter for the
- Support referring to permissions bu name, for example:
evrythng-pubsub.js v1.0.0 - 11/6/19
Initial release - combines both
evrythng-mqtt into one SDK.
- Compatible with evrythng.js v5.1.0 and above.
scanthng.js v4.0.0 - 6/6/19
- Callbacks removed in favor of returning Promises.
- Compatible with evrythng.js v5.1.0 and above.
- Pass options to
- Improved results when a code is only a smaller part of a submitted image.
evrythng.js v5.2.0 - 6/6/19
ruleresource to Operator and User scopes.
evrythng.js v5.1.0 - 30/5/19
use()method for installing compatible SDK plugins, such as scanthng.js.
evrythng.js v5.0.0 - 23/5/19
If you are updating from a previous version, please see the Migration Guide.
evrythng-extended.jsis no longer required as a separate dependency.
- Browser global: The
EVTbrowser global is now
- Scope names: The
TrustedAppscopes are now
- User scope: Manual creation of a
Userscope using a pre-existing API key now only requires the key as a parameter.
- $init: The
$initpromise property has been formalised as the
init()method, and behaves the same way.
- Request options: The
- Iterators: The
iterator()resource method is now
pages(), and is an async generator.
- Redirections: The
product()resources now have a
redirection()resource for managing redirections.
- Accounts: Added a
access()sub-resource for reading and updating accounts.
- Domains: The
sharedAccount()resource also includes
domain()resources for reading available short domains and domains.
- Secret key: The
application()resource now has a
secretKey()resource for reading its Trusted Application API Key as an
- Redirector: The
application()resource now have a
redirector()resource for reading and updating Redirector rules.
- Resource aliases: The
alias()method allows simple aliasing of existing resource types to better suit a use-case or environment, such as naming collections 'pallets'.
- Parameter setters: Instead of creating a
paramsobject, chainable setters such as
setPerPage()are available on most resources to easily build complex requests.
- Resource methods: The
find()methods have been added to most resources to allow easier changing of project/user scopes, updating by key else creating, and finding by identifiers as common operations.
scanthng.js v3.1.0 - 23/11/18
- Support scanning from a video stream using
getUserMedia()in addition to the existing photo-based method of scanning.
evrythng-scan.jshas been renamed to
## October 2018
Dashboard v1.23.0 - 12/10/18
- Add new Team Settings page for management of teams larger than 100 Operators.
- Improve the account roles page to support searching by Operators by role and roles by name.
Platform & Dashboard - 18/8/18
- Add support for the GS1 Digital Link standard, allowing GS1 Application Identifiers and attributes to drive a redirection to EVRYTHNG Thngs and products. Read the GS1 Digital Link Integration page for more information.
Dashboard v1.21.0 - 23/8/18
- Add social signup - it is now possible to sign up or sign in to the EVRYTHNG Dashboard using a Google account.
### Dashboard v1.20.0 - 30/7/18
- New streamlined signup experience for new accounts.
Dashboard v1.19.4 - 24/5/18
- Improve the appearance of the Reactor logs view.
### Places - 24/5/18
- Places can now be filtered by
name. For example,
Dashboard v1.19.3 - 17/5/18
- API keys are now hidden in the Dashboard, but can be copied to the clipboard using the provided modal.
- Misc bugfixes and improvements.
Dashboard v1.19.2 - 10/5/18
- Add a new
evtx-month-toolbarthat allows date selection from whole months.
- Add ability to invite unregistered users to collaborate on an account.
- Other fixes and improvements, including problems closing Thngs generated with a task.
Dashboard v1.19.0 - 20/4/18
- Add support for exporting dashboard pages as a JSON file, as well as the ability to import previously exported dashboards.
- Widget Source URLs are no longer required when adding a new widgets to a dashboard page. Instead, each bundle that contains widgets can be specified in the 'Advanced settings' section of the dashboard configuration modal.
- Add new options for dashboard layouts - Page and Column are now available in addition to Grid.
- Grid size now goes up to 5.
- Greatly improved initial and page loading performance.
- Account domain is now shown in the 'Account Settings' page.
- Numerous IE11 compatibility enhancements.
- Several other bug fixes and minor UI improvements.
### Dashboard v1.18.3 - 14/2/18
- Added new 'Welcome' dashboard to help new users quickly begin loading their products into their account.
- Added new
descriptionfield for action types.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements.
Dashboard v1.18.2 - 23/1/18
- Added date range presets to choose from when viewing Dashboard widgets.
- Various bug fixes and GUI improvements.
## December 2017
### Dashboard v1.18.1 - 14/12/17
- New map style, zoom strategy, and removed horizontal mirroring of the world map.
- Add support for bulk operations (copy, update, delete, add to project) on collection resources.
- Add support for copying place resources and improved filtering.
- Fixed a bug showing the wrong latest action for Application Users.
- Bug fixes related to action types, places, item copying.
- Application Users can now share access to some resources with other Application Users in the same account. See the Share Access with Other Users section for more information.
Dashboard v1.18.0 - 22/11/17
- Places can now be managed in the Dashboard. Add a new navigation item to show all places in an account, and provide a user interface to edit them, including an interactive map to choose coordinates.
- Fix the Redirector 'location' autocomplete fields.
- Other UI enhancements and bug fixes.
Dashboard v1.17.0 - 29/9/17
- Add new 'Actions by Country' widget.
Access - 11/9/17
- Added new Schema and Role Policy APIs for Enterprise accounts, allowing the ability to apply JSON schema rules to some resources for Application Users. Read the Schemas and Role Policies page for a high-level overview.
### Access - 22/8/17
- Application User roles now have a basic set of permissions upon creation.
- Application Users can now log in and view all their access information using the same credentials as before.
- Role names (for both types) are no longer unique within an account.
### Dashboard v1.16.0 - 11/8/17
- Add the ability to clone an account dashboard page for personal use as a user dashboard in the 'My Dashboards' section. Changes to these user dashboards are not reflected in the shared account version.
- Selection of dashboard icons is now made easier with a type-ahead input field.
Dashboard v1.15.0 - 10/8/17
- Fixed a bug causing Dashboard widgets to appear missing on page load.
- Fixed a bug affecting cloning of widgets.
- Fixed a bug causing a widget's legend to render incorrectly.
Cloud 2 Cloud - 7/8/17
- Add new endpoint to allow use of existing OAuth tokens to speed up authentication process.
Dashboard v1.14.0 - 28/6/17
- Add action type filtering on actions list widget
- Add Active Product Count widget
Dashboard v1.13.0 - 15/6/17
- Add the ability to choose from multiple chart types for some of the default widgets. See Widgets for more details.
### Access - 6/6/17
- The Trusted Application API Key may now modify its own application via
- Release the next iteration of the Roles and Role Permissions API, including new Application User Roles. Read Roles and Roles and Permissions for more info.
- An application now contains a
defaultRole, the default Application User Role new users will be given for that application.
### Dashboard v1.12.0 - 6/6/17
- Add new 'Application User Roles' section to allow management of Application User roles and their permissions.
- Add a 'Create copy' button when selecting any Thngs, products, collections, or action types.
### Reactor - 30/5/17
- Decrease Reactor schedule minimum frequency to 2 minutes.
evrythng.js/evrythng-extended.js v4.5.0 - 24/5/17
- Add Permission resource to Roles.
Dashboard v1.11.1 - 23/5/17
- Added Thng Location widget.
Dashboard v1.11.0 - 23/5/17
- Add Engagement widget.
- Add new chart widget types.
- Upgrade to Webpack 2.
- Move action map and action list to a separate widget.
- Fix batch task not being displayed when it did not include a product.
evrythng-java-sdk v1.33 - 17/5/17
- Removed unsupported reaction types.
- Fixed casting exception.
- Added iterator support for action aliasing endpoints:
evrythng-marvell-sdk v2.6 - 3/5/17
- Update to evrythng-c-library v1.4.
evrythng-freertos-sdk v1.1 - 3/5/17
- Update to evrythng-c-library v1.4.
evrythng-c-library v1.4 - 3/5/17
- Added exponential backoff with jitter while trying to connect.
evrythng.js/evrythng-extended.js v4.4.0 - 3/4/17
- Add Role resource in Operator and User scope.
Pub/Sub Broker v1.34.1 - 31/3/17
- If a client does not specify
?withScopes=truewhen subscribing to a topic it should not receive a
scopesfield in the payload message.
Pub/Sub Broker v1.34.0 - 31/3/17
- Block MQTT clients from continuously attempting to subscribe to an empty topic.
evrythng-marvell-sdk v2.5 - 28/3/17
- Update to evrythng-c-library v1.3.
- Building tests now requires test configuration.
- Added a makefile rule to reboot target.
evrythng-c-library v1.3 - 28/3/17
- Added return codes
- Added SUBACK return code check.
Dashboard v1.10.0 - 14/3/17
- Add support for SAML SSO login.
- Updated Dashboard management with sections and grids.
- Updated widget templates.
- Use Files API to retrieve widget components.
- Allow copying dashboard configurations.
- Add usage metrics to account details.
evrythng-marvell-sdk v2.4 - 13/2/17
- Update to evrythng-c-library v1.2.
- Changed demo app to use
- Added ability to apply user provided patches to Marvell SDK.
evrythng-freertos-sdk/evrythng-broadcom-sdk v1.0 - 13/2/17
- Update to evrythng-c-library v1.2.
evrythng-c-library v1.2 - 13/2/17
- Added new root certificate.
- Removed unused parts of embedded mqtt library.
- Error handling fixes.
Dashboard v1.9.0 - 10/2/17
- Improved UI for dashboard customization with sections.
- Upgrade to Angular 1.6.
- Fix XSS vulnerability when redirecting from login.
evrythng.js/evrythng-extended.js v4.3.0 - 30/1/17
- Add File resource to Operator scope.
Identifier Recognition - 12/1/17
/identificationsendpoint. Experimental support for OCR.
- Do not show redirection if the associated thng/product is not visible.
evrythng-scan.js v2.0.0 - 11/1/17
Read the evrythng-scan.js v2.0 migration guide for complete information on this update.
implicitScansare not created automatically when scanning an image.
spinneroptions have been removed. See README.md for more information on how to use custom spinner.
- Add new
identify()method is now available on the app and allows the user to get Thng/product information associated with provided value.
redirect()method is now available to redirect to the URL provided.
evrythng.js/evrythng-extended.js v4.2.0 - 10/1/17
- Read data from any scope on creation via
evrythng-hub.js v2.0.0 - 10/1/17
mqttApiUrland secure options have been removed. This information is now automatically setup when configuring the
evrythng-ws.js v2.1.0 - 10/1/7
- Allow to pass
to override resource authentication/URL.
- Correct handling of empty subscriptions map.
Dashboard v1.8.0 - 3/1/17
- Fix XSS vulnerabilities.
Updated over 2 years ago